Continuing a Tradition of ExcellenceIt all started with one small chapel built at the corner of Calle Paz (now C.M. Recto) and Calle Almanza (now F. Torres St.). Petronilo Del Rosario, more fondly remembered as Mang Nilo, envisioned a place where families and friends could pay their last respects to their departed loved ones.
Since then, La Funeraria Paz has established a tradition of dignified and excellent service. Distinguished personages Apolinario Mabini and Melchora Aquino were among the first to whom La Funeraria Paz rendered memorial services. Today as tradition lives on, it has progressed with 93 chapels: 25 in Araneta, 28 in La Loma, 7 in Baguio, 9 in Lipa and 24 in Sucat, Parañaque. As witness to numerous historical events, having stood the ravages of the second world war, it has remained strong and resilient through the years. On its 111th year, La Funeraria Paz sets its sights to another century of providing excellent and dignified memorial services.
La Funeraria Paz is a charter member of the Philippine Mortuary Association. It is the accredited servicing mortuary of:
Prudentialife Plans, Inc.
Paz Memorial Services, Inc.
Provident Plans International
Philam Plans, Inc.
Milestones1900 - La Funeraria Paz is established as one of the pioneers in memorial services.
1903 - Paz has the privilege to provide services for our great heroes starting with Apolinario Mabini.
1916 - The first-ever, and one of the most successful Paz print ads rolls-out of the press.
1946 - The first motorized hearse is delivered to the Philippine shore for Paz.
1947 - Paz rose from the ravages of World War II with one main chapel and 4 smaller auxiliary chapels.
1950 - Paz introduces the first line of metal caskets the country had ever seen.
1960 - Paz extends its fleet to 17 US-made funeral limousines.
1971 - A new branch along Araneta Avenue in Quezon City opens its doors to the public.
1989 - The Prudentialife Group acquires majority ownership of La Funeraria Paz, in partnership with Pacific Plans, Inc.
1992 - Paz grows further as a new building in Araneta Avenue is inaugurated.
1994 - Another testament to Paz's unceasing growth is the opening of the Baguio branch.
1997 - As a true pioneer in the memorial service industry, Paz introduces state-of-the-art crematory units.
1998 - In keeping with its high standards, Paz exclusively offers a fleet of top-of-the-line Mercedes Benz hearses from Germany.
2001 - First major renovation is undertaken at the north wing of La Funeraria Paz, Araneta Branch.
2002 -Amidst the tranquil surroundings of Manila Memorial Park in Sucat, Parañaque, a glass-paneled 24 chapel edifice was inaugurated. La Funeraria Paz – Sucat is proud to serve the southern part of Metro Manila including Laguna and Cavite.
2009 – A fourth mortuary adjacent to the country’s oldest and most historic cemetery, La Funeraria Paz, La Loma, a beautiful 24 chapel edifice in Caloocan City was opened to serve the northern part of Metro Manila and its environs.
2010 – A fifth mortuary, fronting the beautiful resort type of a memorial park La Travesia in Lipa City, Batangas, La Funeraria Paz – Lipa, with its distinctive chapels, and state of the art cremation services was inaugurated.
On the same year, La Funeraria Paz, Inc. opened its 24-hour guarded three level vehicle parking building with full capacity of more than 100 vehicles.
Looking ahead. La Funeraria Paz marks another milestone in its more than a century of history with the renovation of the Araneta main mortuary chapels. The new architectural design embodies an integrated look of the original structure, the annex and new multi-level parking lot.